Group Size: 11 to 25
Time Needed: 11 to 20 minutes
Goal: Learn each other’s names
Audience: Couples, Teens, Parents, Children, Singles
Special Considerations: None
Resources Needed: One inflated balloon
- Ask participants to stand and form a fairly tight circle.
- Go around the circle and ask each person to say his or her name.
- Explain to the group that you will start the game by tossing the balloon into the center of the circle. As you hit the balloon, you will say the name of a person in the group. He or she will then need to hit the balloon before it lands on the ground.
- As soon as that person hits the balloon, he or she should say someone else’s name, and that person repeats the process.
- Ask the group to practice several times and see how long they can keep the balloon in the air.
Tips for Discussion and Processing
This game is a little tricky at first, but participants will be so focused on keeping the balloon aloft that they will learn each other’s names without trying. It is also a lot of fun!
Note: These activities can be modified to reflect a variety of skills.